About Barney Sands & Hartridge Ltd

 _MG_0729_copy

Barney Sands was first established in 1939, when three friends, Ron Barney, Roy Sands, and Peter Hartridge got together, each with their own individual skills to create a coachbuilders.


This company was based in Maidstone but during the war the three friends were drafted by the MOD to work on air craft and MOD vehicles.

In 1946 it was moved to Glebe Road in Perry Street and the site was developed as a coach building company.

During 1976 all three friends decided to take retirement, and local West Brothers bought the Company. Taking on the company in its entirety, they branched out more into the crash repair aspect due to growing demand. 


In 1986, due to out growing the premises at Glebe Road, the Company moved to its existing site on the Northfleet Industrial Estate.